PHP Developer / Systems Administrator
Digitunity’s mission is to eliminate the technology gap, through and with a network of stakeholders and solutions, so that everyone can thrive in a digitally connected society. Our team brings that work to life in numerous ways.
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology and in collaboration with other members of the broader Digitunity team, the PHP Developer/Systems Administrator supports a variety of internal and public-facing systems that enable Digitunity’s work to be accomplished.
This is a full time, year-round, salaried position with outstanding benefits and an expectation of 40 hours per week, typically M-F 9 AM to 5 PM local time. Digitunity is a virtual organization, and the Developer/System Administrator is free to work in a distraction-free home office environment anywhere in the continental United States. It is expected that job duties may require occasional travel. A job in this category may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work.
- Management of several distinct websites, including digitunity.org, cristina.org, aftrr.org, and donatetechnology.org
- Collaboration on ongoing maintenance and development of improvements to proprietary technology donation matching platform
- PHP development, including conversion of older code projects and development of new APIs
- Database administration and writing optimized queries using MySQLi/PDO
- Virtual server administration in a multi-data center environment
- Administration of Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack
- Providing expert insight and guidance to colleagues on technology-related matters
Qualifications & Skills
- Advanced experience in web development and WordPress support required; experience creating walled, member-only content areas with single sign on access control a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience programming in PHP required; experience with Object Oriented Programming (OOP) a plus
- Experience in MySQL database administration required; cross-country master-slave, round-robin replication a plus; experience writing optimized queries using MySQLi/PDO desired
- Basic experience in Salesforce administration strongly desired; specific experience with Salesforce integrations and the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack desired
- Experience with Active Campaign (or similar marketing automation tools) desired
- Basic experience working in a Linux/Unix server environment required
- Basic understanding of code repositories (checkout, commit, branches, etc.) required
- Experience with Google oAuth2 and/or Groups API desired
- Applicants should be able to provide references and examples that show their qualifications and experience
- Ability to be self-driven, disciplined, and effective at time management
- Ability to maintain consistent output working alone for long stretches of time
- Warm, friendly personality
- Excellent communications skills, highly effective at explaining complicated technical issues in simplified terms so they can be easily understood by others
- Flexible thinker, able to change focus and move past setbacks quickly
- Ability to work from home without distraction
Diversity and Equity
Digitunity is committed to employing a talented and diverse team of professionals dedicated to eliminating the technology gap. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.